What is PSYPACT?
You may be wondering what psypact is if you’re a psychologist in the counseling profession. This was approved back in February 2015 by the ASPPB Board of Directors. The goal is to offer online therapy services that extend past the boundary of normal state licensure. “PSYPACT is an interstate compact designed to allow licensed psychologists to practice telepsychology and conduct the temporary in‐person, face‐to‐face practice of psychology across state boundaries legally and ethically without necessitating that an individual becomes licensed in every state to practice”.
- Alabama – AL SB 102 (Enacted 3/18/2021)
- Arizona – AZ HB 2503 (Enacted on 5/17/2016)
- Arkansas – AR HB 1760 (Enacted 4/25/2021)
- Colorado – CO HB 1017 (Enacted 4/12/2018)
- Delaware – DE HB 172 (Enacted 6/27/2019)
- District of Columbia – DC B 145 (Enacted 3/16/2021)
- Georgia – GA HB 26 (Enacted 4/23/2019)
- Illinois – IL HB 1853 (Enacted 8/22/2018)
- Kansas – KS SB 170 (Enacted 5/17/2021)
- Kentucky – KY HB 38 (Enacted 3/18/2021)
- Maine – ME HB 631 (Enacted 6/22/2021)
- Maryland – MD HB 970 (Enacted 5/18/2021)
- Minnesota – MN SB 193 (Enacted 5/25/2021)
- Missouri – MO HB 1719/MO SB 660 (Enacted 6/1/2018)
- Nebraska – NE L 1034 (Enacted 4/23/2018)
- Nevada – NV AB 429 (Enacted on 5/26/2017)
- New Hampshire- NH SB 232 (Enacted 7/10/2019)
- New Jersey – NJ A 4205/NJ S 2506 (Enacted 9/24/2021)
- North Carolina – NC 361 (Enacted 7/1/2020)
- Ohio – OH S 2 (Enacted 4/27/2021)
- Oklahoma – OK HB 1057 (Enacted 4/29/2019)
- Pennsylvania – PA SB 67 (Enacted 5/8/2020)
- Tennessee – TN S 161 (Enacted 5/11/2021)
- Texas – TX HB 1501 (Enacted 6/10/2019)
- Utah – UT SB 106 (Enacted on 3/17/2017)
- Virginia – VA SB 760 (Enacted 4/11/2020)
- West Virginia – WV SB 668 (Enacted 4/21/2021)
- Apply for and obtain the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB)
- E.Passport to practice telepsychology in PSYPACT states and pay associated certification fees.
- Identify and notify ASPPB and the PSYPACT Commission of telepsychological practice into each PSYPACT state.
- Complete continuing education requirements for E.Passport.
- Annually renew the E.Passport
The Impact of PsyPACT if You Are Not A Psychologist
Currently, PsyPACT only covers psychologists. While we want to have a greater reach as LCSW and LPC’s and social justice and outreach is part of our ethics, currently, this does not apply to our field. However, we can hold onto the hope that if this is able to be enacted for psychologists, then one day it may allow for therapists to do the same. In the meantime, we have other avenues to support the people in our states and potentially, we can hold on to this hope for the future.
What is the Impact of PsyPACT on Clients?
The impact of allowing psychologists to offer psyPACT and online therapy across state lines is offering greater access to care for individuals. Clients will not have to worry about receiving the right care from a therapist if they have big life changes and move from state to state. Often referral and finding a good counselor can be complex when for clients and is an added stressor they do not need. This offers more flexibility. And, allows therapists to serve minorities and underserved populations who are concerned about getting support from a truly culturally diverse therapist.
In Part 2, we will learn about the strategy to take with SEO going forward with PsyPACT
Learn the Impact of PsyPACT and SEO Interact With US!
Are you a psychologist wanting to understand the strategy of psyPACT and SEO? We can help! Our skilled and passionate team of SEO specialists is here to make sure your SEO journey is tailored to your brand and identity. Simplified SEO Consulting would be excited to help you on your SEO journey. To get started with our service follow these simple steps:
- Schedule a consult with our Client Success Specialist or Consult Team
- Learn more about our wonderful team of SEO Specialists.
- Start connecting better when you learn more about SEO for therapists
Other Services offered by Simplified SEO Consulting
Simplified SEO consulting offers a wide range of services that can help you begin working with your people. We offer. Done for You SEO Service packages, online courses, and SEO training opportunities. Our most popular course includes our “Top of Google” Online course, and we have 12 weeks (about 3 months) of intensive SEO for therapists who want to learn with a guide. Additionally, we are offering a limited-time SEO Mastermind group if you want a great training opportunity for a steal, this is for you. For those looking for a more specialized package, we also offer an SEO strategy package. To get started, schedule a consultation with our Client Success Specialist today!
About the Author:
As an SEO specialist at Simplified, Jasmine is an SEO services consultant and helps new clients become oriented to our services. If you are ready to begin SEO services, then get in touch and schedule your free consultation today!
Jasmine Jaquess is currently working towards her Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Northwestern University. Currently, she is seeing clients in practice as part of her practicum. She serves as the Client Success Specialist in new client consultations with Simplified SEO Consulting. Plus she is one of our Mental Health SEO Specialists. She specializes in platforms such as Squarespace and Wix. If you’re ready to see how Simplified can serve you, schedule your next consultation. As our Client Success Specialist, see how Jasmine can support your business needs!