Another Great Consideration is Where will I get the most out of My SEO: Doing it Myself or Delegating?
Pros and Cons of Learning SEO Yourself
I personally know some mental health professionals who do their own SEO and get some clients. They have had great success, but also recognize the investment of time and money it takes to understand the elements and then implement them. Let’s look at the pros and cons of each:
Pros of Doing SEO Yourself:
- You save money knowing exactly how to do things.
- It helps you create content and optimize it in the way you want them to be for your site and brand.
- You’ll be an informed consumer of marketing strategies and an understanding of Google.
Cons of Doing SEO Yourself:
- SEO requires upkeep ( but not to the extent of needing to live on your site daily)
- You may end up spending hours learning how to do your SEO correctly
- What a skilled team can do you may not be able to replicate as easily.
- Staying up on Google algorithm changes and shifts in the market is a must.
- This will take time away from your clinical practice. Is this something you are willing to compromise on?
Do I work with an SEO Company?
Delegating is often one of the best things clinicians in the mental health profession can do. However, it’s not for everyone. So if you are wondering if this is a great choice for you, consider these points.
- If you choose a company, you don’t have to do too much work. The goal of SEO companies is to maximize your results, while also recognizing that SEO takes time.
- You’ll be able to do so much more clinical work and invest in your clients over the long term.
- SEO is often one of the biggest investments that mental health professionals make. It is worth the investment long term, but our company completely understands the financial faith and sacrifice you have to make before seeing a return on your investment. This can be truly terrifying whether you are a seasoned professional or fresh out of getting your full license.
- We can’t promise results. While we understand how to connect with the Google algorithm, there are some nuances, that no one knows. With that being said, we don’t promise that rankings equal conversations. We have seen that be the outcome in most cases, but know that you can do everything right and still not fully connect with your ideal clients. That may be based on geography, market, location, competition, relevance, authority, and so on.
What we do know about investing in SEO over time
By investing in SEO, mental health professionals can greatly improve their visibility, reach more potential clients, and increase revenue. Taking the time to plan ahead and consider all of the factors mentioned above will help you determine how much investment is necessary for your practice. With the right investment, you can start to see results quickly and keep growing in the long run. SEO does work, it’s just a matter of time, investment, and intentional strategy.
Wrap up on Investing with SEO
Truly if you are looking for a concrete answer, we recommend pages on a case-by-case basis. For example, if you are a general practice in New York, our platinum package is going to be useful, but you will have to niche down. If you are a trauma-focused practice in New York, you are going to want to do our platinum as well. If you are in Ohio and you are a generalist, a Gold or Platinum can work for you depending on how specific or broad you want to go niche and location-wise. I could keep going, but everything is so nuanced.
So if you want concrete support from our team, booking a consult is going to be your best bet. Additionally, if you are wanting to learn from our team, again it depends on what you are capable of. Some people love working with a group. Therefore our small group intensive over a semester is fantastic for some.
Others work better with one on one support and that’s where a 12-week training can help. If you are just looking for some guided getting-started support a strategy session could be just what you need.
Are you ready to make your SEO invest for 2023?
Our team would love to consult with you. If you want to learn more, you are in the right place. Contact us today to learn more about our services and start growing your private pay clients today! To start with our SEO Specialists and Trainers, follow these simple steps:
- Book a Consult with a Member of Our Consultation Team
- Learn About Our Skilled SEO Specialists and Trainers
- Begin Reaping the Rewards of Your Marketing Efforts
Other Services at Simplified SEO Consulting
If you’re looking for other forms of support, we can help! We offer options such as our 12-week training, small group intensives, and courses. Our strategy session can be a great option if you need support getting started with SEO or doing a site move or redesign. Or, if you’re ready to work with a passionate and skilled team, our Done for You Program may be a great following approach.
About the Author
Jasmine is the SEO Training Coordinator and offers free consultations for Simplified’s SEO Consulting on our services. Jasmine is a Clinical Mental Health Counselor and recently earned her degree from Northwestern University. She works to help people with a strategy with national rankings, eating disorder specialties, trauma, sports psychology, postpartum/pregnancy/parenting, high achievers, and much more. Schedule a consult soon!